Setting Up WordPress MU Domain Mapping Multisite On localhost
If you use http-vhosts to set up your local domains you might find the following guide useful to set up a local installation of WordPress Multisite using MU domain mapping.
- Set up the primary site up as per WordPress Multisite and MU Domain Mapping documentation
- Now set up your hosts and http-vhosts to allow for the management of the domain mapping:
- Add both 127.0.0.1 www.primary.dev and 127.0.0.1 www.secondary.dev to your hosts file
- In http-vhosts set the primary domain as follows:
- And the secondary to point at the same directory, but with a different server name and alias:
Hope that helps someone out.